Wednesday, April 12, 2006

transport at federation square

now i'm not muscling in on we do chew our food.

BUT i just want to tell about my lunch yesterday.

i went to transport at fed square. i had a hankering for some sort of seafood with pasta, and chilli and garlic and oil. you know the drill. i'd been in at uni, and then in flinders lane finding beads for some old costume jewellery. but that's another story.

i was peckish and had time. i walked past macdonald's and hungry jacks. i was drawn to fed square, though god knows why. i think it's barren and ugly and too too bright.

on the specials menu they had prawns with spaghetti and everything else i wanted.

for $12.50

oh great, i thought. it'll be one of those teeny serves.

i got a glass of some sort of pinot grigio for $8.50.

then the pasta was ready. they have those little buzzer vibro things that let you know when to go up and collect the food.

the pasta was nice. but, and believe me when i say this, there were too many prawns.

there's no such thing as too many prawns!, john yelled in amusement when i told him that night.

but yea, in my mind, there can be too many prawns. these prawns were beautifully cooked. they were plump and they had that wonderful teeth-feel when i bit into them.

but really, there were too many of them.

or was it a case of not enough pasta?



3 Comments:

Blogger groverjones said...

Does one reply to questions on one's blog on one's own site, or on the questioner's?

I think we go by the name 'biker' these days. Bikie is definitely passe. Having said that, being a professional in his late twenties who rides on weekends with a group of like-minded mates and who knows all the best coffees in Tasmania and most of Victoria, I don't think I am qualified to speak for all bikers. I'm certainly not the hairy, wear your jeans until they rot off, beat you with bicycle chain, drink 6 cans of Woodstock before a ride type of biker!

As to what we're drinking, well I had a martini at Mt Buffalo chalet last night and I wasn't impressed. I don't know much at all about martinis, but I know it shouldn't have vodka, and I think it shouldn't have a cheap bottled olive if it's going to cost you $13.50. On the other hand, Bright Brewery is a new concern that have a fantastic crystal malt style beer called Hellfire. It's really yeasty and full-bodied. We'll have one of them.

9:49 pm  
Blogger sublime-ation said...

I have never seen too many prawns, everyone always serves too little. But I do take your point. Pasta must have a perfect balance of actual pasta to sauce, whate ver that may be.
I had a killer Prawn Linguine at The Paragon in Rathdowne about a month ago, but it was a special and they don't always do it.

6:05 pm  
Blogger Melba said...

that drink was a long time coming groverjones, but thanks for finding me.

for me a martini should ONLY have vodka, and as many stuffed olives as can fit on the toothpick.

hey sublime, that's exactly what john said, you can never have too many prawns but in this case, i really think there were. bizarre i know.

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home